Saturday 7 January 2012

Padina Pavonica

During my time with Bournemouth University I was lucky enough to get assigned on a research trip to Malta to study Padina Pavonica, an interesting floral species, more commonly known as Peacocks Tail. My assignment brief was to identify the key factors that characterise its habitat and make comparisons with those of the UK.

To cut a long story short I spent 10 days trekking the Maltese coastline with a quadrat, camera, snorkel, mask, swim fins and a damn good water proof note pad. I met a lot of interesting characters, some to do with the research and some for just passing by.









Along with the research I could not help but keep my eyes open for any potential surf, even though its positioned deep into the Mediterranean. However, look what I found. 


Oh yea, also ended up on the front page of the Malta Independent, whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment